2G/3G Packet Core in 5 Hours – crash course
Mobile telecom network contains the core network, and the access network.
The core network contains two parts,
- PS domain (Packet Switched domain), which handles mobile data sessions.
- CS domain (Circuit Switched domain), which handles mobile voice calls.
While, the access network connects the User Equipment (UE), to the core network.
A set of engineers operate every part of the mobile network,
- 'Packet core engineers' operate the PS domain.
- 'CS core engineers' operate the CS domain.
- While, 'wireless engineers' operate the access network.
About this course
This course illustrates PS domain in 2G and 3G networks. This course is important if you would like to work in mobile operators, especially working as 'Packet core engineer'.
- Level: Beginner.
- Learning Type: Online, self-paced.
- Time needed: 5 hours.
- prerequisite: No prerequisites are required for this course. however, you will need basic IP networking knowledge, in order to get accepted, as Packet Core Engineer.
- Network nodes and architecture
SGSN, GGSN, HLR, RNC, BSC, CG, and DNS.
- Network Interfaces
Gn/Gp, Iu, Gb, Gr, Ga, and Gs.
- Basic Procedures
Attach/detach, PDP activation/modification/deactivation, RAU, Service request, Paging.
- Roaming Architecture
Inbound, and outbound.
- Mobility Management and Session Management states
READY, STANDBY, IDLE, PMM-CONNECTED, PMM-IDLE, PMM-DETACHED, ACTIVE, INACTIVE.